Tuesday, April 8, 2008

6 Months Post-Op

WOW, I can't believe it's been 6 months to the day that I had my jaw surgery. It truly is amazing how fast the time has gone. I remember reading other blogs about how fast the time flies. I just never thought that my turn would actually happen. But it did, and I don't regret one minute of it!

I posted some pics from today. I took them myself, after a LONG day at work, so excuse the warn out, greasy skin look. After how you all have seen me, I didn't think you would mind!

I go for my first cleaning post-op and post-braces on Thursday! I'm actually looking forward to it. It will be a much nicer cleaning then with braces on. I go back in June to get the next part of my post done, then two weeks later for impressions, then three weeks after that to get the actual "tooth". Then I am DONE!!! WOW, this whole journey is about to come to an end. I still can't believe all that I have been through.

Well, I say it is coming to an end, but who knows. I always hear how people get "addicted" to plastic surgery. I always thought that was odd, but I can completely understand now how that happens. I was actually thinking of getting the TINY gap between my two front teeth at the top filled in. There is one other one from where the button was and the wire wrapped around that I want to get filled in (you can't see it at the angle the pics were taken). But then I read Brandy's blog about how expensive Luminaries are. Well, that won't be happening for me. But I am thinking of getting them whitened. We'll have to see what the dentist says on Thursday.

Anyway, nothing else really new or exciting teeth wise.


7 comments:

Kristy Eng said...

wow nice pic, you look amazing...hard to believe you had this surgery 6 months ago...im gona try to look at some of your pre pics so see the comparison....
Ill be joining you tomorrow in the fresh, no braces look, cant wait!!!

Heather said...

You look great! and congrats on nearing the end of this journey! xoxo

Shontelly said...

Well I think you look fantastic. congrats on the 6months. I like how your pictures have the big smile and then small smile. I'm gonna use that one. :D

Michelle said...

I'm going to do the same thing, go back and look at your pre-op pics. I just can't believe how amazing your smile is. It's just one of those perfect big beautiful smiles. I hope mine is even close to that. You must be so happy! Congratulations!!!
Health wise, how are you feeling?

Michelle said...

I was just reading back on all of your old posts. First, as much as I don't like it, it felt good knowing that you had some postponements too. I am so tired of the delays. It's good to know I'm not the only one though. Second, I was trying to find what surgery you ended up having. Top or bottom?

Tara said...

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone! It really is amazing how well all of our teeth/smiles look now! I am SOOO obsessed with teeth lately, it's not even funny.

Michelle, I ended up only needing to have the lower moved back. It started out with SARPE and both upper and lower. Then just upper and lower. Then just upper. And the Wednesday before the big day I was told just lower!
I SO feel with you on the delays. It's SO frusterating. Hopefully with all of the delays you will be able to get your braces removed soon after surgery. I was only 3 months post-op when they were removed.

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Tara,
You look great! Isn't it amazing how quickly time flies by? Glad to hear your implant went well. I can't wait to actually get mine put in permanently, it is going to be so weird to be able to chew on that side again!

I hear what you are saying about the getting addicted to plastic surgery. I'm obsessed with my teeth now also. I have decided that I'm just going to get that front tooth fixed though and then plug away at the other crowns. Not so much because I want them to be different, but because they are really old and need to be fixed. I sorta decided that this could go on forever if one lets it and at some point you have to say "ok, I'm done, this is good enough" Know what I mean?

Anyway....you look beautiful and I'm glad you are doing so well!

Brandy