Tuesday, December 18, 2007

NAKED

I bet that got your attention!!! Well, last week was a good one for me as far as braces go. I went to the ortho on Tuesday and I knew it would be good because I made my last payment for my braces. So they are now paid off!!! YEAH! My ortho is getting ready to retire (at least that's what I'm assuming) and he now has a new dentist in the office with him. So it was nice to get to meet him. I'm not sure when my current ortho will be done, but when I tell you the next part, it won't make a huge difference to me. I AM GETTING MY BRACES OFF!!!! Can you believe it? I'm only 2 months post op, and these braces are coming off already! I will be just past 3 months post-op when it happens. It originally was suppose to be January 9th, but when I got back to work I remembered that I would be in Seattle Washington that week giving a presentation at Boeing, so it will be the following Monday, the 14th! I so never thought that this would happen this soon. I am excited, but yet a little scared that the teeth aren't perfect. The ortho originally thought 6 - 9 months post-op was when the braces would come off... not 3! And going off of his original guess of 6 - 9 months of having them on before the surgery, which turned in to 19 months, I was not holding my breath for them coming off before I turned 30 (I'm only 28 now, so I really was not expecting this!). I'll talk to him again before he actually takes them off, so lets hope that all goes well. I am just still in shock that they are coming off.

So you're all probably wondering why I waited a week to tell you all. Well, I was going to try to keep it a secret, but I just couldn't do it. I still haven't told anyone other then my husband. I wanted to see how long before he noticed, but I SOOOO can not keep things from him. So, other then you all, he is the only one that knows! I want to see every ones face! I'm such a dork. So shhhh, don't tell anyone (ok, that really only goes to my non-ortho friends that read this!).

On the dizzy front... I went to yet another new neurologist last Monday. He was MUCH nicer. He too thinks that it is Basilar Migraines. He said that it may be board line Chari, but if it was, there isn't anything they can do about it. So he was going to get all of my records from all of my other doctors (primary, 3 other neurologists, cardiologist, and ENT) to see what tests they ran. He didn't want to put me though all of the tests if I had already had them and they were fine. I have to keep a record of my headaches and dizzy spells for the next 6 weeks and go back to see him. He is taking a VERY conservative approach because all of the meds that they would give you can't take when you are pregnant, and since we're trying, that would be no good.

That's about all that's new here. If I don't get a chance to write before the holidays (we do lots of traveling, first to my in-laws then to my parents), have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Congrats!!! You're going to feel so weird when you're through this whole process. There is actually going to be an end! It seems odd to me, I can imagine how it must seem to you :)
You guys are "trying?!" We'll see how good Bob's little guys are :) Hopefully they're good strong swimmers like Brian's and Alex's. haha. It'll be nice to have more babies around!

Heather said...

LOL-I just read Laura's comment, and that cracked me up!!!

To the reason I'm commenting--HOORAY!!! An end in sight, that is so exciting. What a GREAT way to start off the new year--hopefully there will be something else to celebrate really soon too!

And, I'm so glad you found a doctor you like--hopefully he'll get to the bottom of this!!

Lots of hugs!!!

Kristy Eng said...

can you say jelous much....omg i am so jelous that you will get your braces off this early on after surgery....but u know what you totally deserve it for all you have been through~ Wait to go girl, and congrats!

lace1070 said...

That's awsome news about getting your braces off! What a relief! If you are interested, I have a blog buddy who has a minimal Chiari ~ Caroline (http://chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/) She has done a lot of research and the info on her site might help you. Remember that size does not matter ~ Merry Christmas ~ Lace

Tara said...

Thanks Everyone! I am pretty excited to be getting these suckers off!

Lace, thank you so much for your friends site. I will check that out. I also have to check yours out, you have a big surgery coming up, don't you? Good luck, I'm sure you will do great, and it will be worth it!

~ Tara

Shontelly said...

AWESOME!!! So quick too. Congrats on both getting your braces off and trying for a baby!! awwww

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Tara!
What great news and soo soon after surgery! You lucky girl! You are so going to love having them off! It is so nice, and flossing is a breeze!

Glad to hear you are seeing yet another doctor but that he is being nicer and taking your case seriously. I do hope they figure out what the problem is and you eventually get some relief! This has been such a long ordeal for you!

Anyway....congratulations! I can't wait to see your naked teeth! I'm so excited for you!

Merry Christmas and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Michelle said...

Congrats to you! I wont tell anyone..hehe

I wish you lots of luck with the babymaking, you will be blessed!

Michelle said...

You must be so excited, the 14th is just around the corner! I am so happy for you!

Happy New Year Tara!!

amycq said...

Wow braces off already! Great!! During my 4 years with braces I've had my top ones off for 2 weeks once. It was so strange but so great!

Thanks for the comment...I can't wait for my husband to be home again...someone needs to put the trash out! j/k!! :))

Jen said...

Tara,
I would like to know your critic of your final result. Are your looks (profile) what you expected? Any surprises? I do not see dramatic difference between your before and after photos. Is this what u expected? My surgery will be only 4mm difference on lower jaw, so I wonder if it will dramatically change my face like others. Is there anything you would do differently?
Jen

Tara said...

Hey Jen,
I am actually very happy with my results so far. I am glad that there wasn't a HUGE difference in my appearance. I did not do this for the appearance change, that was just an added bonus. I did this for my TMJ, my teeth wearing funny, and in hopes that when my bite was correct, it would releave the stress on my jaw and lower neck and help with my headaches and dizziness. So far, at only 3 months post op, I am EXTREMELY pleased with my results. If you read older posts, there was a short time after the surgery where my dizzy spells came back. Well, since then I have not had any even close to that. I really think that it was withdrawl symptoms from Celexa. Yes, I still get some dizzy spells, but NOTHING like they were before the surgery that caused me to take 16 pills a day when I was only 22.

So to answer your question, yes, the changes to my appearance are very subtle (but I have had a few people that didn't even know I was having surgery ask me why I look slightly different! I alway had a very LONG face, and it's much more proportionate now) , however, I am SO pleased with them and with the way my teeth line up now. It's amazing to be able to actually bite into things and your teeth cut it. And to have my back teeth actually touch... WOW, what a difference that makes in chewing your food. The only thing I would have done differently, is not wait so long to finally go though with it. The surgery was no where near what I had convinced myself it would be.

Good luck with your surgery, and if you have ANY questions, I would be more then happy to answer them!