Saturday, October 13, 2007

Way to excited about being able to spit!

I was doing my mouth rinse just a few minutes ago and I could actually spit the stuff out rather then just opening my mouth and letting it run out. Just yesterday I couldn't spit, I had to let it run out. I really can't remember how it was earlier, but I was SO excited that I could actually get my lips together to spit! Such little things are making me happy right now.

My parent's came last night for the night and left this morning. My aunt had made my mother an apple pie so she brought it with her. She thought that I may have been able to chop it up and eat it. She was right! I took a small sliver and chopped it up with the Pampered Chef Ultimate Chopper. I am SO glad that she brought that pie. I took my first baby spoon full and put it in my mouth, and I literally moaned! It just tasted SOOO good to have some REAL food.

Once again, it's the little things that make my day!

6 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Tara,
Way to come through surgery! YOu look so amazing! Aren't you just glad its over now? I mean the anticipation is killer isn't it?

Glad everything went well for you and that you seem to be coming along so good.

Tara said...

Yes, the waiting and anticipation are the worst parts of the whole thing! It's amazing at this point to see the changes every day.

Brandyleigh35 said...

Yea, the changes make it so worth it. Trust me when I tell you that it just keeps getting better too!

You really do look fabulous though! Seems like you are doing pretty well too. Have you had any pain? Sounds like you weren't wired or banded like me and able to eat straight out of surgery. It is so much better!

I see the ortho on Thursday, I'm hoping we will be setting a debracing date (that is what he said on my last visit.) Soon this will all be distant memory!

So sounds like you might be looking pretty ok for your wedding huh?

Brandy

Kristy Eng said...

wow lucky girl, i cant wait for that moment....hopefully ill catch up to you soon!

Steph & Steve G said...

congrats on the spitting!!! :)

Tara said...

Thanks everyone! Nope, I wasn't banded shut. My surgeon said he hasn't had to use a splint on someone in years, and then only if he couldn't get a good grip with the screws in there bones.

Brandy, Good luck Thursday with the ortho! I can't wait until I get to that point, but my surgeon even said it will be a while. Oh well. I want these teeth PERFECT now.

Kristy, you'll get there. But remember, I only had lower, so I could always feel my upper lip.