Monday, October 29, 2007

First day back to work :(

So, today was my first day back to work after the big day. I was actually feeling quilty about take three whole weeks off. But now I am glad that I did. Today was a LONG day. The week that I had my surgery we started a new work schedule. We use to work the normal 5 days, 40 hours a week. Now we work a 9/80 schedule. The first week we work 9 hours Monday thru Thursday, 8 hours on Friday, the following week is 9 hours Monday thru Thursday, and Friday off. So we get a three day weekend every other weekend. Which is nice, but HAVING to b e at work for 9 hours sucks. Now, I usually work 8 - 12 hours a day anyway, but at least I only HAVE to work 8 hours. I left my house this morning around 5:30 am, worked 9 hours, went to class for 1.5 hours, and didn't get home until almost 7 pm. LONG day for my first day back. But it was nice to get back to work. I am a people person and I like to be around people.

I got lots of good compliments today. Maybe because I see myself everyday, but I don't notice that much of a difference. The worst part about going back to work was eating. I am still on a "mush" diet and only using a baby spoon. Got some funny looks at lunch as I was heating up my small amount of pasta that was all chopped up. Luckily my husband works at the same place so we eat lunch together and he could let me know when I had food on my chin!

I also had a LONG weekend. My husbands friend from High School got married this weekend and he was in the wedding. So we had to go to PA on Friday and didn't get home until Sunday afternoon. Lots of partying and talking, and of course drinking! Here are some pics from this weekend. By the time that he took the profile pics, I had a few drinks, so I was feeling pretty good then! There are more from this weekend in my "Post Surgery Pics" link to the right.


Bob and I at our friends wedding

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Tara, wow I thought Brandie's recovery was fast, but your's is amazing. One would hardly know you had major jaw surgery a few weeks ago. I went back to work 2 weeks post surgery and it was definitely too soon. And I think it took at least six weeks for my brusing to go away.

You look amazing, the change is subtle yet dramatic. How is the numbness?

Tara said...

Thanks Mary! Yeah, the change was subtle, but I have actually already had people say to me "You look different, but I can't figure out what it is", and they didn't even know I had surgery! So that's a good sign. The numbness is still in the lower lip and chin. It's starting to come back, because it feels all ichy and tingly. It's anoying because it itches but I can't do anything about it. And the right side is SOOOO sensitive. If anything even brushes up against it I get a chilling pain through my whole body. But that too will go away, just not soon enough!

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, I guess theres a couple of posts I could have put this comment on. Your blog is very good. I'm soon to be having upper jaw surgery to fix a 5mm underbite, I believe you had something similar.

I'm wondering about the aesthetic benefits you got from the surgery? I'm aware 5mm is quite mild but Im doing this for mainly aesthetic reasons so wondering what to expect...

Thanks in advance.