Monday, October 1, 2007

7 days!

Well, one week from now I should be in recovery! WOW, I can't believe that is's actually going to happen. I have been putting this off for over 10 years, so it will be nice to just get it over and done with.

I was freaking out a little last week, but I seem to be pretty calm right now (give me a few days and I'm sure I will be freaking out again!). I have lots of appointments this week. Wednesday is pre-op at the hospital then pre-op with the surgeon. They were nice to schedule them back to back since they are about a 1 hour drive from where I live. Then Thursday I have my chiro, pre-op with my primary care physician and then a teeth cleaning! It actually just worked out that my 6 month cleaning was scheduled for Thursday! I was going to try to get in before the surgery anyway, so it was great timing!

I have been eating everything and anything that I feel like this past week. Bob and I are going out for a nice steak diner on Friday! I actually wanted yogurt for lunch today, but I didn't get it because I don't want to get sick of it before next week!

I will have Bob take lots of "before" pics this week so that I can post them and keep track of the changes. I was actually just looking at some pics from our last motorcycle ride at work and there were a few profile shots of me. Man, I really hate that profile. But it won't be like that for much longer!

Well, I will let you know what happens at all of my appointments this week and I'll post lots of before pics!

3 comments:

Heather said...

You're going to do great!! I can't believe after all this time, it's finally here. Wish I was there to help you...but know that I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well!
xoxo

Mary said...

Good luck, Tara, I can assure you tht there really is nothing to worry about, its a pretty routine surgery and you will be well taken care of. And you have lots of fun things to look forward to! Now that my 1 year anniversary is coming up, I'm kind of looking back nostalgically. It really has been a great adventure. Mar

Unknown said...

Hey Tara,
Just catching up on the blog world and see your going to have surgery this Monday - Wow!!!
Good luck and congrats on getting this far. Soon your going to have a brand new bite, profile and outlook on your snile!
Amy