Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I HAVE A SURGERY DATE!!!!

Well, I FINALLY have a surgery date. After many calls back and forth between the ortho and the OS, I finally got them to set a date. Unfortunately the surgeon wants to see a little more movement before the surgery, so it's not until October 8th. The original date that he set was September 24th, 2 days after my birthday. But I will be coming home from Nashville. Going on a girls weekend with 3 of my friends. At least I will be able to party while I'm there now! So the next available date was October 8th. As the coordinator at the surgeon's office said, this is a "tentative" date, with the hopes of moving it forward if my teeth move quickly. I'm just hoping that it doesn't get moved BACK, since I have SLOW moving teeth.

For those of you that are post surgery, how did you feel 18 days after surgery? My husband's best friend is getting married out of state from us on October 27th, so we will have to go to PA on the 26th for the rehearsal and stuff. I'm just hoping that the bruising is gone by then. Luckily the reception is at the same place that we are staying, so if I feel tired or too sore to last all night, I can just leave and hopefully Bob won't feel bad and he will just stay at the reception and have fun. Or else I will feel like I have to stay so that he doesn't miss anything.

But anyway, I am just happy to finally have a date. It's MUCH later than I was originally told. I was suppose to have this surgery LAST November, so it's only 11 months over. Oh well. My teeth better be PERFECT after all of this waiting.

10 comments:

Aimee said...

That is funny ~ I'm not sure of Wired Lady's name and thought it was pretty cool if it was Aimee. lol

Congratulations on your surgery date!!!! I'll be reading and keeping up with your progess!

Graham said...

Congrats on the date Tara! I hope it sticks!

Heather said...

Hooray! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! A surgery date! I have found time now to keep up with the blogs again and am so glad to be hearing good news all round.

Your surgical hooks were like mine, not uncomfortable, just more work to keep stuff out of em.

At 18 days after surgery I felt about 80% back to my normal self. Still tired, but was out and about. Swelling was still there - the puffy feeling, but nothing that anyone would notice. Bruising gone. Still on liquids and splinted, but I could handle short socializing. If I felt any pain, I just took some tylenol.

My stamina was not back and that is why I say 80%. Anything physical over 2-3 hours and I was wiped out and needed a rest. It's good that you are in the same hotel as the reception. People will understand if you need a break, you will just have had major surgery. If you are on a no chew diet only, just make sure to keep yourself hydrated. Getting dehydrated makes you more tired and run down.

I'm not sure if they can give you blended wedding cake. I know I tried to blend a muffin with a bit of milk and it turned into batter - yick. Maybe just toast them with a chocolate shake!!!

Congrats again and will keep checking in to see your progress!

chris k said...

One of my favorite treats it cake in milk. Put a piece of cake in a bowl and pour milk over it and it becomes this wonderfully sweet lumpy drink. Sounds gross I know. But don't be afraid! Quite tasty.

amycq said...

The countdown begins!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats Tara....I think everything will work out great for you. Go get em girl!

Erin said...

Yay, a surgery date! It's unreal, isn't it?

As far as how it feels at 18 days post-op, I can answer that in 8 days. :)

But so far, I'm doing well. It's 10 days and I don't feel more tired but I'm also letting myself sleep about 10 hours a night. My swelling and bruising have been going away quickly. The only thing I really notice is that my muscles just kind of burn when I'm walking and I've been running a lot of errands. But I also don't think I've been getting enough calories. It's really the first 5 days or so that are kind of awful. But after that, it's good. :)

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Tara,
Your big day is getting closer and closer. I know you must be so excited, as I know I was once I got my date. Now that its all over I'm so glad I went through all this.

It will all be so worth the wait when its over! Thanks for all the kind posts on my blog. I will for sure be following your recovery when it gets to that point!

Brandy

Anonymous said...

Hey Tara,
I've been reading your blog for a while now - you must be so pleased to have a surgery date. Good luck!