Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Surgery is going to be PAID FOR!!!

Ok, so I said that I would write some posts to update you all on my story with my teeth, but I just got some great news when I got home from work today. My surgery had currently been pre-approved over a year ago with Dr. Lewis. However, since my teeth are SLOW movers, it has taken almost a year for me to be ready for surgery (they originally thought 6 months, but I should have guessed that was wrong. I had braces as a kid for what they thought was going to be 1.5 - 2 years. 4 years, 3 months, 17 days, and 5 hours later I FINALLY get them off... but who's counting?)

Anyway, I got a letter about a month ago from Dr. Lewis saying that they no longer participate with Aetna Medical and that the surgery would have to be paid for by me. YIKES!!! Luckily, the hospital and anaesthesiologist were still covered. But this was going to cost me over $10,000, plus what I have already spent on braces.

I called Dr. L's office to see what the codes and so that I could talk to the insurance company. The insurance company told me to have Dr. L's office call them. Well, I got a call from Sherri from Dr. L's office today and it will still be covered under my insurance since I was already in treatment when the dropped Aetna! YEAH!!! What a huge weight off my shoulder.

My next appointment with Dr. L is March 22 to get a re-checkup and set a surgery date! I can't believe that this day is going to actually happen!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hey Tara, this is most excellent. Keep us posted on your progress! :)

Kristen
http://bracemyself.blogspot.com/